Anthony Martial was a surprise and unexpected last day transfer to Manchester United. Before he even kicked the ball for the red devils,the media wrote the teenager off. But what a signing he has turned out to be. The lone bright spot against Arsenal, Martial looks like he has everything to become a world beater. Pace,trickery,energy and most of all ice-cool composure in front of the goal has helped him make a fantastic start at Old Trafford.
His strength and close control allow him to play with his back to the goal and help with his hold up play. Starting usually on the right,Martial loves to run at defenders and 9 times out of 10 beats them. He has a bright future ahead of him whether at Old Trafford or away from there.
Talking points from the Arsenal game
- Van Gaal setup Manchester United exactly the way Arsene Wenger used to setup against Ferguson. Play a possession based patient game but as always the counter attack wins the game.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger was completely lost at the Emirates,slow and ponderous in possession,he was completely left exposed by Arsenal’s energy and pace.
- United’s defence is in big trouble- Darmian looks knackered and somehow doesn’t seem like the bargain of the season which everyone thought he was. Blind is not a CB.
- Maybe Wayne Rooney is never coming back to form and needs to drop a level.
- Arsene Wenger should stick to this style of play,defend as an unit and leave the counter attacking to the front three.